Kingdom of Serbia Association’s City Committee Belgrade and the First Belgrade high school are organizing marking of the 100th anniversary of the Belgrade defense battle in the First World War on October 6th 2015 at the monument to the Defenders of Belgrade, Danube Quay in Dorcol.
The ceremony will be attended by our patron, HRH Crown Prince Alexander, members of the Advisory bodies of the Crown as well as many other respected guests.
Serbian national anthem as well as several songs will be performed by the choir “King Peter I” from Belgrade.
Program of the manifestation:
- Short opening remarks with presentation of the most important facts about the Defense of Belgrade 1915
- National anthem of Serbia
- Laying wreaths
- HRH Crown Prince Alexander’s speech
- Speech by Mr. Alexander Andrejic, the headmaster of the First Belgrade High School
- Speech by Mr. Milos Pavkovic, president of the Kingdom of Serbia Association’s City Committee Belgrade
- Drama performances: the speech that Kaiser Wilhelm II gave to the German troops before their arrival to the battlefields in Kingdom of Serbia and the speech of Major Dragutin Gavrilovic to the Defenders of Belgrade.
- Performance of the traditional Serbian WW1 Song “Tamo daleko” (“There, Far Away”)